The Supper Wines philosophy is simple - we love Spanish wine and we want to share that love with you. We specialise in wine and Cava from the lesser-known regions of Spain, and we work closely with small, independent suppliers who take immense pride in making well-crafted wine. We also partner with a few specialist UK wholesalers who hold portfolios of Spanish wines that match our criteria for lesser-known regions, quality and value.
Your Discovery begins with a half case of six wines - mixed, red or white - and we're confident that you'll appreciate the quality and diverse styles of the wines we've selected.
Each of the wines featured in the Discovery cases can also be purchased stand-alone in half cases of six.
We're happy to offer an introduction to our wines through relaxed and informative tastings. Please Contact us for more information.
News from Supper Wines
Update : week commencing 15 June
Weather unsettled for a few days there so we fell back on spicy reds like our Barahonda Tinto (Yeclas) made with succulent Monastrell, but as I write this the sun is up, the sky is blue, it's beautiful and so are you. Time perhaps to chill the whites and - as they do in Margaritaville - 'smell those shrimps, they're beginning to boil'. Our latest arrivals are listed below and stock is currently good :
- Barahonda Tinto 2016/17 -Unoaked Monastrell from Yeclas. Sweet and smooth on the palate. The finish is solid, grippy and spicy. £10 *NEW*
- La Fea Blanco 2018 - A lively blend of Viura and Chardonnay from Cariñena. Aromas of apple and pineapple backed by floral notes. £10 *NEW*
- Vallemayor Rioja Tinto 2018 (Tempranillo) An unoaked fruity red expressing the characteristic liquorice flavours of Tempranillo. Chill like they do in Madrid! £9.50
- Costa Cruz Tinto 2018 (80% Tempranillo / 20% Shiraz) from La Mancha. Soft, rounded tannins and black berry fruits to the fore. £8.50
- Costa Cruz Blanco 2018/9 (Verdejo / Sauvignon Blanc). A thirst-quenching blend dominated by fresh citrus and tropical fruits. £8.50
Please check into our Online Shop for full details of what's available at any one time.
* As an on-line local wine retailer we're very much 'open for business' and will deliver to addresses in PO1 - PO20 for free
(see our 'ordering' page for postcode details) We'll email or call
you to arrange a drop-off time and wave at you from our car as you pick
up your bottles *
Thanks to all our customers old and new, and take care.
Bill & Helen Hughes (Directors, Supper Wines Limited)